Monday, May 6, 2013

Depression

With an old pair of steel scissors
He cut me open deeply
From the middle of my collarbone
Down to my stomach
Ripping away the two flaps of flesh that He created
He examined all I had to offer
A beating heart, with pretty blue veins, and scarlet red arteries attached to it
There were a lot of other pretty little things
That He probed gently, with those goddamn steel scissors
He showed interest in my lungs
My ribs
My liver
And my pancreas
Little by little He grabbed each and every thing He found to His liking
With His strong, bare hands
Little by little He took everything
When He was completed
He carelessly sowed my two flaps of flesh together
All the way back up to my collarbone
And I was left with nothing
As He walked away
I was empty.

xxx
Talia

No comments:

Post a Comment