Sunday, September 22, 2013

Wounds

We wear our hospital bracelets
Like it’s the latest trend
Our too thin gowns
Are tied behind our backs, like a super hero cape
And our stitched up cuts
Branded as war wounds
From a battle that was long fought
And won in the end
And your war wounds
Are kissed every night
By a warm set of lips
That will always be pressed against your skin
It’s all kinds of amazing
To be loved by someone- anyone
But it is also all kinds of amazing
To be loved by yourself
So after they kissed your scars
And tucked you in at night
Remind yourself
That you are your own hero
And don’t forget
To kiss yourself goodnight
Before your head hits the pillow

And you wander into a world of no pain. 
xxx
Talia

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you remember me, but I commented on your while back and was thinking about you recently. I hope you are doing well and I will be praying for you. You are such a special, beautiful, totally loves by God girl, and I hope you know it :)

    ReplyDelete